all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Saving frames across sessions
@ 2014-01-27 16:15 Jai Dayal
From: Jai Dayal @ 2014-01-27 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

 I generally use emacs --daemon on a remote server and then attach to it
via emacsclient -c -nw. This works really well and has served as a
replacement for screen/tmux (I can do everything inside emacs and it makes
life a lot easier in many ways).

One thing I've noticed though is that while emacs --daemon saves the
buffers that are open, it doesn't remember my frame arrangements.

Generally speaking, I have one frame for all my code, and then a second
frame for a set of terminals (it's a distributed code, so sometimes I have
to ssh into another remote machine, git pull, compile, run this
machine-specific portion, etc).

When I close otu and leave, and come back, I'd like to just be able to
start emacsclient again and have the frame setup preserved, so I don't have
to do it all again each time.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks,
Jai