all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* appt woes
@ 2003-12-09  6:17 Joe Corneli
From: Joe Corneli @ 2003-12-09  6:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

If I load the package appt, the format of diary entries is changed to

"Dec 8, 2003"

from my preferred

"8 Dec 2003"

as given by (setq european-calendar-style t)

This seems to be a bug, and I intend to post it as such shortly...

As a further frustration, new appointments that I add *to the diary
file* during the course of the day do not appear as appointments.  I
don't know if this is a bug or not; it seems to be a bug (maybe
related to the issue mentioned above). Maybe my configurations are
relevant?

(require 'appt)
(setq appt-issue-message t)
(setq appt-message-warning-time 1)
(setq appt-display-interval 1)

I have no problems adding appt's using appt-add, but would really
rather have the diary do the work. Anyone have a working relationship
with appt that they would be willing to share?

Joe

* Re: appt woes
       [not found] <mailman.1393.1070954368.399.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-12-09 17:28 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2003-12-09 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Joe Corneli wrote:

> As a further frustration, new appointments that I add *to the diary
> file* during the course of the day do not appear as appointments.  I
> don't know if this is a bug or not; it seems to be a bug (maybe
> related to the issue mentioned above). Maybe my configurations are
> relevant?
>
> (require 'appt)
> (setq appt-issue-message t)
> (setq appt-message-warning-time 1)
> (setq appt-display-interval 1)
>
> I have no problems adding appt's using appt-add, but would really
> rather have the diary do the work. Anyone have a working relationship
> with appt that they would be willing to share?

The Emacs manual says:

| Adding this text to your `.emacs' file does the whole job:
|
|      (display-time)
|      (add-hook 'diary-hook 'appt-make-list)
|      (diary 0)
|
|    With these preparations done, when you display the diary (either with
| the `d' command in the calendar window or with the `M-x diary'
| command), it sets up an appointment list of all the diary entries found
| with recognizable times of day, and reminds you just before each of
| them.

So try `M-x diary' after you modify your appointments.

--
Kevin Rodgers