all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* tex-region bug?
@ 2003-11-26 22:06 Jay Gopalakrishnan
From: Jay Gopalakrishnan @ 2003-11-26 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

In GNU emacs 21.2.1, the command M-x tex-region creates a temporary file
to tex the marked region, but in the temporary file the marked region is
written in between
"\begin{document}"   and
"\end\s-*{document}".
The last line should be "\end{document}". Is this a known bug?

Is there a quick fix? (E.g., can I edit something in system file
"tex-mode.elc" to fix this?)

Thanks
Jay

* Re: tex-region bug?
@ 2003-11-27  1:03 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2003-11-27  1:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

> written in between
> "\begin{document}"   and
> "\end\s-*{document}".
> The last line should be "\end{document}". Is this a known bug?

Nope.  It's a bug I probably introduced in Emacs-21.

> Is there a quick fix? (E.g., can I edit something in system file
> "tex-mode.elc" to fix this?)

Sure, just look for the string and remove the \s-*.
But maybe it'll corrupt the tex-mode.elc file, so you're better off
modifying the tex-mode.el file and re-byte-compiling it.

* Re: tex-region bug?
@ 2003-11-27 15:44   ` Jay Gopalakrishnan
From: Jay Gopalakrishnan @ 2003-11-27 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stefan Monnier wrote:
>>written in between
>>"\begin{document}"   and
>>"\end\s-*{document}".
>>The last line should be "\end{document}". Is this a known bug?
>

> Nope.  It's a bug I probably introduced in Emacs-21.
>

>>Is there a quick fix? (E.g., can I edit something in system file
>>"tex-mode.elc" to fix this?)
>

> Sure, just look for the string and remove the \s-*.
> But maybe it'll corrupt the tex-mode.elc file, so you're better off
> modifying the tex-mode.el file and re-byte-compiling it.

Thank you for the quick clarification.
Modifying the .elc file seems to work fine for me.

Jay