all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Ediff ignore-whitespace?
@ 2003-11-18 15:02 Michael Mercurio
From: Michael Mercurio @ 2003-11-18 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

It seems that "ignore-whitepace" option in Ediff, used
to "skip over regions that differ only in whitespace
and linebreaks", does not consider "lack of
whitespace" between braces and parens in C and C++
statements.

As an example, it would be nice to ignore the
difference in whitepace and lack of whitespace between
the parens in the following regions:

  Region A:
    if ( (var1 == true) || (var2 == true) )

  Region B:
    if ((var1 == true) || (var2 == true))

Does anyone know how to make ediff behave this way?

http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree

* Re: Ediff ignore-whitespace?
       [not found] <mailman.220.1069171464.399.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-11-18 19:08 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2003-11-18 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michael Mercurio wrote:

> It seems that "ignore-whitepace" option in Ediff, used
> to "skip over regions that differ only in whitespace
> and linebreaks", does not consider "lack of
> whitespace" between braces and parens in C and C++
> statements.
>
> As an example, it would be nice to ignore the
> difference in whitepace and lack of whitespace between
> the parens in the following regions:
>
>   Region A:
>     if ( (var1 == true) || (var2 == true) )
>
>   Region B:
>     if ((var1 == true) || (var2 == true))
>
> Does anyone know how to make ediff behave this way?

(setq ediff-forward-word-function 'forward-char)

or

(setq ediff-diff-option "-w")

--
Kevin Rodgers

* Re: Ediff ignore-whitespace?
@ 2003-11-19  0:54   ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2003-11-19  0:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kevin Rodgers wrote:

> (setq ediff-forward-word-function 'forward-char)
>
> or
>
> (setq ediff-diff-option "-w")

Oops: -options

--
Kevin Rodgers

* Re: Ediff ignore-whitespace?
@ 2003-11-20 16:44   ` kgold
From: kgold @ 2003-11-20 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kevin Rodgers <ihs_4664@yahoo.com> writes:
> Michael Mercurio wrote:
>
> > It seems that "ignore-whitepace" option in Ediff, used
> > to "skip over regions that differ only in whitespace
> > and linebreaks", does not consider "lack of
> > whitespace" between braces and parens in C and C++
> > statements.
>
> (setq ediff-diff-option "-w")

Nice.  Is there a way to make it mode specific?  I put this in my
c-mode-common-hook, but it seems to be global anyway.

* Re: Ediff ignore-whitespace?
@ 2003-11-20 19:01     ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2003-11-20 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

kgold wrote:

> Kevin Rodgers <ihs_4664@yahoo.com> writes:
>>(setq ediff-diff-option "-w")
>
> Nice.  Is there a way to make it mode specific?  I put this in my
> c-mode-common-hook, but it seems to be global anyway.

(set (make-local-variable 'ediff-diff-options) "-w")

--
Kevin Rodgers