all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: Emacs for C compiler
       [not found] <20031001153419.06fac011.s0231930@sms.ed.ac.uk>
@ 2003-10-03 20:12 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2003-10-03 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

[In gmane.emacs.sources] MingTso Chiang wrote:

> I am trying to use Emacs for programming C, but I dont know how to
> compile it. Could you please tell me how to compile it?

The instructions for compiling Emacs are in the INSTALL file.

> Another question would be is Emacs like turbo C? This means that there
> is a window that could show me the compiling results. This is the
> first time for using C compiler for linux/unix. Before I use turbo C.

I've never used turbo C, but I doubt that Emacs is similar to it.  But
you can easily compile your C files in Emacs: type `M-x compile'.  The
Emacs manual has a whole section on this topic called Compiling and
Testing Programs; you can read the manual within Emacs by clicking that
entry under the Help menu, or by selecting Emacs from among the manuals
listed by `C-h i'.

--
Kevin Rodgers

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-10-03 20:12 UTC | newest]