all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs libXaw3d
       [not found] <E1AMHeW-0005LF-Ub@monty-python.gnu.org>
@ 2003-11-19  8:57 ` elirehema.obedi2
From: elirehema.obedi2 @ 2003-11-19  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi All,
I downloaded emacs-21.2 from source and compiled it in the ipaq machine
in the development cluster. When i run the binary on compaq ipaq h3600 i
got the error message:
emacs: error while loading shared libraries: libXaw3d.so.6: cannot open
 I tried to configure emacs with the option of ommitting that library but
did not work. I also searched for that library in ipkg packages for the
ipaq but could not get.
Does anyone know the link where i can get the package?

regards,
Obedi

* Re: emacs libXaw3d
       [not found] <mailman.252.1069235985.399.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-11-19 13:44 ` Billy O'Connor
From: Billy O'Connor @ 2003-11-19 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

elirehema.obedi2@mail.dcu.ie writes:

> Hi All,
> I downloaded emacs-21.2 from source and compiled it in the ipaq machine
> in the development cluster. When i run the binary on compaq ipaq h3600 i
> got the error message:
> emacs: error while loading shared libraries: libXaw3d.so.6: cannot open

Just as a sanity check, try emacs -nw.

Billy

* emacs libXaw3d
       [not found] <E1AMUXH-00053f-37@monty-python.gnu.org>
@ 2003-11-19 17:17 ` elirehema.obedi2
From: elirehema.obedi2 @ 2003-11-19 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Billy,
I tried that but did not work. Is there any other way of ommiting this library
during the building process?

@ 2003-11-19 17:45 ` marc0
From: marc0 @ 2003-11-19 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

http://packages.debian.org/xaw3dg

--
marc0@autistici.org - 0x4E8899C2

* Re: emacs libXaw3d
       [not found] <mailman.271.1069265971.399.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-11-19 19:20 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2003-11-19 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

[Please don't top-post.]

elirehema.obedi2@mail.dcu.ie wrote:

> I tried that but did not work. Is there any other way of ommiting this library
> during the building process?

./configure --help says:

   --without-toolkit-scroll-bars
                           don't use Motif or Xaw3d scroll bars

--
Kevin Rodgers

* RE: emacs libXaw3d
       [not found] <E1AMZS4-0002eG-FE@monty-python.gnu.org>
@ 2003-11-20 11:32 ` elirehema.obedi2
From: elirehema.obedi2 @ 2003-11-20 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

>------------------------------
>
>Message: 5
>Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 17:17:28 +0000
>From: elirehema.obedi2@mail.dcu.ie
>Subject: emacs libXaw3d
>To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>
>Hi Billy,
>I tried that but did not work. Is there any other way of ommiting this
library
>during the building process?
>

>>> Hi All,
>>> I downloaded emacs-21.2 from source and compiled it in the ipaq machine
>>> in the development cluster. When i run the binary on compaq ipaq h3600
>>> got the error message:
>>> emacs: error while loading shared libraries: libXaw3d.so.6: cannot open
>>> shared object file: No such file or directory
>>
>>Just as a sanity check, try emacs -nw.
>>
>>Billy
>>

>------------------------------
>

>------------------------------
>
>Message: 7
>Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 18:45:53 +0100
>From: marc0 <marc0@autistici.org>
>Subject: Re: emacs libXaw3d
>To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>
>You on Wed, 19 Nov 2003 08:57:42 +0000 writes:
>
>> Does anyone know the link where i can get the package?
>
>http://packages.debian.org/xaw3dg

I have seen the packages but they are not in arm architecture. The compaq
ipaq h3600 has a 206MHZ intel StrongARM SA-1110 32-bit RISC processor.
Thanks.
Obedi.

>elirehema.obedi2@mail.dcu.ie wrote:
>
>> I tried that but did not work. Is there any other way of ommiting this
>library
>> during the building process?
>
>./configure --help says:
>
>   --without-toolkit-scroll-bars
>                           don't use Motif or Xaw3d scroll bars

 I have tried this option but it ommit tool-kit-scroll-bars. This library
Xaw3d still exists.
Thanks
Obedi