all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* File Name Aliases not indexed in the Concept Index
@ 2003-08-28 18:44 Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2003-08-28 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

The File Name Aliases node of the Emacs manual should have "hard links" and
"soft links" entries in the Concept Index.  You might want to qualify them
as "... links, visiting" or "... links (visiting)".

Also, I don't know anyone who refers to symbolic links as symlinks; but there
are a couple of entries in the Concept Index that do:

* marking symlinks (in Dired):           Marks vs Flags.
* symlinks (in Dired):                   Operating on Files.

I think "symlink" should be expanded to "symbolic link".

--
Kevin Rodgers

* Re: File Name Aliases not indexed in the Concept Index
@ 2003-08-28 20:34 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2003-08-28 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: gnu-emacs-bug

> From: Kevin Rodgers <ihs_4664@yahoo.com>
> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.bug
> Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 12:44:18 -0600
>
> The File Name Aliases node of the Emacs manual should have "hard links" and
> "soft links" entries in the Concept Index.

Agreed.

> Also, I don't know anyone who refers to symbolic links as symlinks

I do (and I thought everyone else did ;-)