all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* mailcrypt help: argument to mc-encrypt
@ 2003-08-19  0:06 V. Balaji
From: V. Balaji @ 2003-08-19  0:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm trying to write a function to mailcrypt a buffer before saving... I
can't figure out from the source what I should pass to mc-encrypt as its
only argument. I've tried (mc-encrypt) with no argument, as well as what
is shown here...

(defun encrypt-and-save-buffer ()
  " Encrypt buffer before saving."
    (interactive)
      (mc-encrypt (current-buffer))
	(save-buffer))

Help, please?
--

Balaji         1 609.452.6516
SGI/GFDL Princeton University

* Re: mailcrypt help: argument to mc-encrypt
@ 2003-08-19 16:08 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2003-08-19 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

V. Balaji wrote:

> I'm trying to write a function to mailcrypt a buffer before saving... I
> can't figure out from the source what I should pass to mc-encrypt as its
> only argument. I've tried (mc-encrypt) with no argument, as well as what
> is shown here...
>
> (defun encrypt-and-save-buffer ()
>   " Encrypt buffer before saving."
>     (interactive)
>       (mc-encrypt (current-buffer))
> 	(save-buffer))

Take a look at the definitions of mc-encrypt and mc-encrypt-region in
mc-toplev.el.  I would try

	(mc-encrypt 1)
or
	(mc-encrypt-region 1 (point-min) (point-max))

--
Kevin Rodgers