Nick Roberts wrote: > > >>I found something useful. If you do the command "set new-console off" >>at the gdb prompt, it does not open an new dos window, and everything >>works properly. It only works if you do NOT put a -fullname switch on >>the gdb command line. I suppose the right solution would be to have >>gdba automatically execute set new-console off when it starts up (I >>don;t think there's a command line switch for it.) >> >> > >I've looked at this and it seems to work for the simple program that you gave. If, however, you set a breakpoint in your for loop or you add a read >statement then there are buffering problems that I can only solve by using >fflush in my program. Is it possible for GDB or Emacs to flush the inferior? > >Nick > I get the same behavior - the flushing doesn't occur until the next time I read in the loop.