all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Can't use gnuserv package with emacs 21.2 in windows
@ 2003-03-10  8:07 Srinivas B.S.S
From: Srinivas B.S.S @ 2003-03-10  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I am trying to set up gnuserv with GNU emacs 21.2 on windows. I am able
to assosiate
files with gnuclient on the local machine and open them with emacs. But
I am not able to
acheive this functionality from a remote machine for which I am looking for.

I set up  GNU_PORT(21490),GNU_HOST(name of my win2k box), GNU_NODE
(to an ange ftp prefix) on solaris box and tried launching gnuclinet.
 Nothing seems to be
happening - gnuclient just exits with no error message. I have
GNU_SECURE pointing
to a list of valid ipaddresses on my win2k box.

Is there anything that I missed in the configuration ? Does anyone faced
this problem
earlier ? Any ideas to solve this ?

Thanks,
Srinivas.

* Re: Can't use gnuserv package with emacs 21.2 in windows
@ 2003-03-10 12:39 ` Srinivas B.S.S
From: Srinivas B.S.S @ 2003-03-10 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Problem solved after changing the gnuclient version to 2.0beta.

Thanks,
Srinivas.