all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* x-focus-frame problem
@ 2003-03-03 18:59 Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2003-03-03 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

This problem seems to be a bug in x-focus-frame.
Is there anyone who knows X well enough to figure out
what should be done?

The problem is not limited to the case where you specify
the already-selected frame; for me, at least, it happens
also if you specify a different frame.

Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 21:31:45 +0900
From: Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org>
To: emacs-pretest-bug@gnu.org
Subject: cursor disappears from the Emacs 21.3.50 frame

Dear Emacs Developers,

I'm using the most recent Emacs CVS.  There may be a bug that
the cursor disappears from the Emacs frame when I evaluate the
following form:

(select-frame-set-input-focus (selected-frame))

You may feel setting the input focus to the already selected
frame is nonsense.  However, it is likely to share a program
which creates and focuses a frame even when a frame is not
created (I'm using such a program actually).  It seems to
happen regardless of a platform.

Regards,
--
Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org>

* Re: x-focus-frame problem
@ 2003-03-03 20:07 ` Jan D.
From: Jan D. @ 2003-03-03 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> This problem seems to be a bug in x-focus-frame.
> Is there anyone who knows X well enough to figure out
> what should be done?

I'm on it, there seems to be one event missing, so the criteria for
focus must be modified.  Don't know how yet.

> The problem is not limited to the case where you specify
> the already-selected frame; for me, at least, it happens
> also if you specify a different frame.

I'll check it out.

	Jan D.

@ 2003-03-04 19:33 ` Jan D.
From: Jan D. @ 2003-03-04 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 21:31:45 +0900
> From: Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org>
> To: emacs-pretest-bug@gnu.org
> Subject: cursor disappears from the Emacs 21.3.50 frame
>
> Dear Emacs Developers,
>
> I'm using the most recent Emacs CVS.  There may be a bug that
> the cursor disappears from the Emacs frame when I evaluate the
> following form:
>
> (select-frame-set-input-focus (selected-frame))

I think I fixed this now.  Can you test it again?

Thanks,

	Jan D.

* Re: x-focus-frame problem
@ 2003-03-04 23:30   ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2003-03-04 23:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

>> (select-frame-set-input-focus (selected-frame))

> I think I fixed this now.  Can you test it again?

I've confirmed it works fine.  Thank you!
--
Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org>