Dan Jacobson wrote: >>>>>>"K" == Kevin Rodgers writes: >>>>>> > > K> Dan Jacobson wrote: > >>>I wanted to have emacs stop if it ever called a function, but no: >>>debug-on-entry: Function base64-encode-region is a primitive >>> >>>I don't need to debug inside that function. All I wanted was to see a >>>backtrace so I can tell the layers of stuff calling that function. >>> > > K> (defadvice base64-encode-region (before debug activate) > K> "Debug (when called from an Emacs Lisp function)." > K> (debug)) > > OK, maybe this could be the guts of the new debug-on-call function, or > at least documented as what to do when debug-on-entry isn't usable... Please find attached a tentative user (i.e. non-integrated) implementation. > Of course an antidote should also be provided to turn it off. Yep, but I haven't gotten that far yet. > P.S. Kev, your References: > does not give my > original post the fame and glory of its original Message-ID causing > its thread to be broken 'in many newsreaders'. That's odd, google finds it under that Message-ID. I used http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en to find From: Dan Jacobson Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.bug Subject: debug-on-call Date: 01 Feb 2003 03:03:22 +0800 Lines: 23 Sender: news Approved: bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org Message-ID: Reply-To: Dan Jacobson NNTP-Posting-Host: monty-python.gnu.org > Did you try reading > this group via NNTP of gmane.org for maximal comfort? I primarily read gnu.emacs.bug and only check gmane.emacs.bug (both via NNTPSERVER=news.cis.dfn.de) to make sure I don't miss any articles. -- Kevin Rodgers