all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* HTML Tidy and FTP?
@ 2003-02-09 21:25 Mike Shea
From: Mike Shea @ 2003-02-09 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm an emacs newbie but I've started using it to edit HTML files
remotely using  Kahlil's tidy.el.  So far it's working great except
that it only seems to work on local files.  When I try to tidy a
remote file it cannot find the configuration file on the remote server
(because it's local, duh).

Does anyone know how to get tidy within emacs to work on remote files?

Thanks!

Mike

* Re: HTML Tidy and FTP?
@ 2003-02-11 23:49 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2003-02-11 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mike Shea wrote:

> I'm an emacs newbie but I've started using it to edit HTML files
> remotely using  Kahlil's tidy.el.  So far it's working great except
> that it only seems to work on local files.  When I try to tidy a
> remote file it cannot find the configuration file on the remote server
> (because it's local, duh).
>
> Does anyone know how to get tidy within emacs to work on remote files?

[Disclaimer: I've never used tidy or tidy.el]

What happens if you set tidy-config-file to an ange-ftp (or efs or tramp) path?
What happens if you set it to a file: (or ftp: or http:) URL?