all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Setting default size of the window on OSX
@ 2003-01-30 21:54 Gabriel Foster
From: Gabriel Foster @ 2003-01-30 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

	Is there a way to set the default size of a window when it is created.
  Especially the default window that is created on startup?  I need to
do this under Mac OSX.  I'm using the Aquafied version 21.3.50.1 built
2002-11-27.

	Thanks,

	Gabriel Foster

* Re: Setting default size of the window on OSX
       [not found] <mailman.1214.1043963801.21513.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-01-31  1:24 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2003-01-31  1:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gabriel Foster wrote:

>     Is there a way to set the default size of a window when it is
> created.  Especially the default window that is created on startup?  I
> need to do this under Mac OSX.  I'm using the Aquafied version 21.3.50.1
> built 2002-11-27.

Yes, there is the --geometry command line option; see the "Window Size X"
node of the Emacs manual.

There is the Emacs.geometry X resource; see the "Resources X" node.

There are the initial-frame-alist and default-frame-alist variables; use
`C-h v' to read their documentation strings.

There are the set-frame-size, set-screen-height, and set-screen-width
functions; use `C-h f' to read their doc strings.

There are the height and width (and left and top) frame parameters; see the
"X Frame Parameters" node of the Emacs Lisp manual, and `C-h f modify-frame-
parameters'.