all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: matt <nwzmattXX@XXnetscape.net>
Subject: Re: Learning emacs
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 08:23:54 GMT	[thread overview]

Paul O'Donnell wrote:

> I don't know which fingers to use to press these keys. It seems obvious
> to me that the baby finger of the opposite hand should be used for the
> Control key, but what about the Alt key? The thumb of the opposite hand
> maybe? I don't want to download typing tutorial software. I really don't
> have time for that. I just want to know which fingers to use.

I'm fairly new to emacs myself, at least for everyday use. I have found
that using my left "baby" finger for Ctrl works best. For Alt, I use
either thumb, depending upon where on the keyboard the second keystroke
is located. Since the Alt keys are located on either side of the space
bar, it comes pretty naturally.

-- Matt

--
Remove the X's to reply directly.