all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to search for text in current buffer
@ 2002-12-19 23:53 Siegfried Heintze
From: Siegfried Heintze @ 2002-12-19 23:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

CTRL+S is great, but you cannot paste to it!

What if I have a big long search string (may one of those long URLs with
lots of HTTP Get parameters) and I want to search for the next occurance of
it, how do I?

ESC-x search-forward  <return>

is kinda tedious!

What about command recall, is there a way to recal more than one prevous
search string?
      Thanks,
           Sieg

* Re: How to search for text in current buffer
@ 2002-12-20  0:03 ` Galen Boyer
From: Galen Boyer @ 2002-12-20  0:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002, siegfried@heintze.com wrote:
> CTRL+S is great, but you cannot paste to it!

C-s [ret] should do the trick.
--
Galen Boyer

* Re: How to search for text in current buffer
@ 2002-12-20  0:19 ` Johan Bockgård
From: Johan Bockgård @ 2002-12-20  0:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Siegfried Heintze" <siegfried@heintze.com> writes:

> CTRL+S is great, but you cannot paste to it!
>
> What if I have a big long search string (may one of those long URLs with
> lots of HTTP Get parameters) and I want to search for the next occurance of
> it, how do I?
> [...]
> What about command recall, is there a way to recal more than one prevous
> search string?

M-x isearch-mode-help

/Johan

* Re: How to search for text in current buffer
@ 2002-12-20 17:43 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2002-12-20 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Siegfried Heintze wrote:

> CTRL+S is great, but you cannot paste to it!

C-s M-y

> What if I have a big long search string (may one of those long URLs with
> lots of HTTP Get parameters) and I want to search for the next occurance of
> it, how do I?
>
> ESC-x search-forward  <return>
>
> is kinda tedious!

If point is at the beginning of the long string: C-s C-w ... C-s

> What about command recall, is there a way to recal more than one prevous
> search string?

C-s M-p ...