all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: EFS for editing HTML via ftp problem
       [not found] <3DFE426B.40509@mcw.edu>
@ 2002-12-17 15:46 ` Rodney Sparapani
From: Rodney Sparapani @ 2002-12-17 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

I decided to test the same server with emacs (ange-ftp) and it seems to
be having
the same problem.  I'll have to dig into the EFS settings to see if
there is something
there that might help.  Any ideas?  I'm not going to show the ange-ftp
output since
it is not quite as verbose, but here's what it looked like from EFS:

ftp> quote cwd /dir/index.html/
550 /dir/index.html/ (267) not a directory
ftp> quote cwd /dir/index.html/
550 /dir/index.html/ (267) not a directory
ftp> quote cwd /dir/index.html/
550 /dir/index.html/ (267) not a directory
ftp> quote rnfr /dir/index.html
350 ok, send new name
ftp> quote cwd /dir/index.html/
550 /dir/index.html/ (267) not a directory
ftp> quote cwd /dir/
250 CWD successful
ftp> ls "-al" /tmp/username/efsXdLA4B9
200 command successful
234 bytes received in 0.00041 seconds (558.72 Kbytes/s)
tp> quote cwd /dir/index.html/
550 /dir/index.html/ (267) not a directory
ftp> quote cwd /dir/index.html/
550 /dir/index.html/ (267) not a directory
ftp> quote cwd /dir/index.html/
550 /dir/index.html/ (267) not a directory
ftp> quote cwd /dir/index.ced/
550 /dir/index.ced/: folder not found

--
Rodney Sparapani              Medical College of Wisconsin
Sr. Biostatistician           Patient Care & Outcomes Research

* Re: EFS for editing HTML via ftp problem
@ 2002-12-26  6:45   ` Stephen J. Turnbull
From: Stephen J. Turnbull @ 2002-12-26  6:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Rodney> I decided to test the same server with emacs (ange-ftp)
    Rodney> and it seems to be having the same problem.  I'll have to
    Rodney> dig into the EFS settings to see if there is something
    Rodney> there that might help.

M-x report-efs-bug

gives a lot of diagnostic information.  Attempt the connection, then
do the bug report.  I suspect your server is whacked, but it may just
be a new configuration that EFS doesn't know about.  The EFS
maintainers will want to know about it (but Mike at least is not going
to be available until about Jan 4).