all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Can I insert real `tab' in c source file?
@ 2002-11-29 15:04 gan-zhi
From: gan-zhi @ 2002-11-29 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

When I press `tab', emacs will indent a line for me. I really think this
behavior is very useful, but I wonder how I can get a `real tab' when I
edit my program.

Thanks

gan zhi

* Re: Can I insert real `tab' in c source file?
@ 2002-11-29 15:12 ` Henrik Enberg
From: Henrik Enberg @ 2002-11-29 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

gan-zhi <ganzhi@cs.sjtu.edu.cn> writes:

> When I press `tab', emacs will indent a line for me. I really think this
> behavior is very useful, but I wonder how I can get a `real tab' when I
> edit my program.

  `M-i' or `C-q TAB'

* Re: Can I insert real `tab' in c source file?
@ 2002-12-01  7:01   ` Gan Zhi
From: Gan Zhi @ 2002-12-01  7:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Henrik Enberg wrote:
> gan-zhi <ganzhi@cs.sjtu.edu.cn> writes:
>

>>When I press `tab', emacs will indent a line for me. I really think this
>>behavior is very useful, but I wonder how I can get a `real tab' when I
>>edit my program.
>

>   `M-i' or `C-q TAB'

That's what I want, thanks a lot!

gan zhi