Hello, I am trying to compile emacs 21.2 on a solaris 2.8 computer, using gcc 3.2. During the compilation process, the just built emacs is used to do several thing (for example loading blessmail). Everything seem to work fine except that upon exit, emacs dumps core. In this particular place, this stops the make process. I noticed several prior crashes in the previous lines. I even reproduced this with the simple command : ./emacs -q -batch After having read the MACHINE file and the PROBLEMS files, I have tried to configure using --with-xim=no, but I still have this problem. The post-mortem debugging session attached shows there is a segmentation violation, but there is no information on where this comes from. Here are some informations : uname -a : SunOS cepheus 5.8 Generic_108528-11 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10 emacs configured with : --prefix=/usr/local --with-x-toolkit=motif --infodir=/usr/local/info --with-sound=no --with-xim=no compiler gcc 3.2 Luc