Eli Zaretskii wrote: >>I didn't find this document >> > >The correct file name is INSTALL-CVS. Do you see that file? If not, >please fetch it from the CVS. > > I scanned the INSTALL document, and the README and INSTALL files in mac/ The INSTALL-CVS file was not mentioned in either of these. >>Why does the main "make" not compile the lisp files? >> >> > >It does, if you say "make bootstrap". Plain "make" assumes the *.elc >files are already there. > > I understood that. I still do not understand why the normal "make" command in the "./compile; make; make install" cycle does not do this? Well, so much for being a neophyte in the intricates of emacs development. I would, however, like to second Kim's suggestion. -- Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen Scandiatransplant Skejby Sygehus, indgang 3 +45 89 49 53 01 DK-8200 Århus N http://biobase.dk/~tra