all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* title of frame for GNU Emacs 21.3 under OS X (10.2)
@ 2002-09-06 19:02 Rodney Sparapani
From: Rodney Sparapani @ 2002-09-06 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've been trying to change the title of my frame for GNU Emacs 21.3
under OS X (10.2). The info documentation seems to discuss only X11 and
Windows, but not Carbon which is how I'm set up (i.e. --without-x
--with-carbon).  Right now the title is 'Emacs@My-Computer.local'.  I
know how to change the "My-Computer" part within OS X, but I'm at a loss
to configure the whole title with Emacs itself.

--
Rodney Sparapani              Medical College of Wisconsin
Sr. Biostatistician           Patient Care & Outcomes Research

* Re: title of frame for GNU Emacs 21.3 under OS X (10.2)
@ 2002-09-06 19:51 ` Henrik Enberg
From: Henrik Enberg @ 2002-09-06 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rodney Sparapani <rsparapa@mcw.edu> writes:

> I've been trying to change the title of my frame for GNU Emacs 21.3
> under OS X (10.2). The info documentation seems to discuss only X11 and
> Windows, but not Carbon which is how I'm set up (i.e. --without-x
> --with-carbon).  Right now the title is 'Emacs@My-Computer.local'.  I
>   know how to change the "My-Computer" part within OS X, but I'm at a
>   loss to configure the whole title with Emacs itself.

You can change the variable `frame-title-format' to your liking.
`icon-title-format' may also be of interest.

Here's an example that shows "Emacs: /path/to/file.c" if the current
buffer is a real file or "Emacs: buffername" if it's just a buffer.

(setq frame-title-format
      '(:eval (if buffer-file-name
		  "Emacs: %f"
		"Emacs: %b")))