all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#2546: toolbar bug
@ 2009-03-06 14:56 Adrian Robert
From: Adrian Robert @ 2009-03-06 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 2546; +Cc: David Reitter

The calculation method that was commented out in x_set_window_size()
works here, and I've committed it to CVS.  As mentioned in the
comment, this would sometimes fail previously if the toolbar had not
been displayed yet.  I believe the relevant call would be [toolbar
setVisible: true] and this normally happens in nsmenu.c:
ns_update_toolbar().  When a new frame is created, it is initially
set to NOT visible in EmacsView-initFrameFromEmacs, because it will
be turned on if needed and after it is ready by ns_update_toolbar().
However, if this gets called AFTER x_set_window_size(), it could
cause the failure.  If you still see it in your environment, could
you try throwing in a call to [[view toolbar] setVisible: true] in
the 'if (tb)' section before calling frameRectForContentRect, and see
if that helps?

BTW I changed the order of the COCOA and GNUstep implementations to
agree with the XXX comment just above.  This was accidentally
reversed during a time when emacs-devel was asking me to get rid of
one of NS_IMPL_COCOA, NS_IMPL_GNUSTEP and I did not realize at first
that this was impossible.

thanks,
Adrian