all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Failed Customization
@ 2002-07-03 19:20 Eddie Bush
From: Eddie Bush @ 2002-07-03 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi - I'm running the following version of emacs and I'm having problems
getting custom colors to "stick".  It makes no difference whether I
specify "save for future sessions" or not.

GNU Emacs 21.2.1 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)

I'd have added this to my previous post, but my provider doesn't seem to
think I need the ability to post to the news server.  If someone could
point me toward a (free) public news server, I'd be most appreciative.
 I'd really like to get this resolved.  I use Emacs exclusively and the
white background really bothers my eyes.

Thanks!

Eddie

* Re: Failed Customization
@ 2002-07-03 19:40 ` Eddie Bush
From: Eddie Bush @ 2002-07-03 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

I can managed to set the background mode to "dark" and get that to stick
- but the default face is having no affect on the rest of them - it
simply is causing my screen to flicker from black to white and then
black - and finally white.  What gives?

Eddie Bush wrote:

> Hi - I'm running the following version of emacs and I'm having
> problems getting custom colors to "stick".  It makes no difference
> whether I specify "save for future sessions" or not.
>
> GNU Emacs 21.2.1 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
>
> I'd have added this to my previous post, but my provider doesn't seem
> to think I need the ability to post to the news server.  If someone
> could point me toward a (free) public news server, I'd be most
> appreciative. I'd really like to get this resolved.  I use Emacs
> exclusively and the white background really bothers my eyes.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Eddie

* Re: Failed Customization
@ 2002-07-03 21:09   ` Eddie Bush
From: Eddie Bush @ 2002-07-03 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

I resolved this.  KDE was usurping control - arrrrgh!