all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to run gdb inside emacs
@ 2005-03-05  5:12 Jerry Wang
From: Jerry Wang @ 2005-03-05  5:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

When I invoke gdb inside emacs, I got the following message:

   Symbol's function definition is void: keymap-name

The gdb seems working fine, except no source displayed in separate buffer.

I tried to load gud.el explicitiy in my .emacs file and it didn't solve the
problem.

I'm use emacs 21.3.1 and gdb 5.2 running on Linux 2.4.7.

Can any one help me?

Thanks.

* Re: How to run gdb inside emacs
       [not found] <mailman.2675.1110000433.32256.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2005-03-08 18:38 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2005-03-08 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jerry Wang wrote:
 > When I invoke gdb inside emacs, I got the following message:
 >
 >   Symbol's function definition is void: keymap-name
 >
 > The gdb seems working fine, except no source displayed in separate
buffer.

 > I tried to load gud.el explicitiy in my .emacs file and it didn't solve
 > the problem.
 >
 > I'm use emacs 21.3.1 and gdb 5.2 running on Linux 2.4.7.

There aren't any references to the keymap-name symbol in the 21.3 lisp
source files, so I suspect a problem with your .emacs file (or
default.el or site-start.el).  Does the problem persist if you start
emacs with the -q --no-site-file options?

--
Kevin Rodgers