all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Whitespace-mode configuration or alternative
@ 2017-02-06 14:18 Thierry Leurent
From: Thierry Leurent @ 2017-02-06 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

I'm not a lisp developer but I'm trying to configure Emacs as a multi purpose
editor like Atom, Notepad++, ....

In my code, I like to put a comment at the end of a line, for example :
(load-file "~/.emacs.d/A-GPFunctions.el")   ; Load some custom elisp fuctions.
(load-file "~/.emacs.d/A-PLoader.el")            ; Load some usefull packages.
To have a something as sexy as possible, I like align my comments by section.

With whitespace-mode, this lines are highlighted. I don't like this.
How can I change it ?

Best regards,

--
Thierry Leurent

* Re: Whitespace-mode configuration or alternative
@ 2017-02-06 19:22 ` Alex Kost
From: Alex Kost @ 2017-02-06 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Thierry Leurent; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Thierry Leurent (2017-02-06 15:18 +0100) wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm not a lisp developer but I'm trying to configure Emacs as a multi purpose
> editor like Atom, Notepad++, ....
>
> In my code, I like to put a comment at the end of a line, for example :
> (load-file "~/.emacs.d/A-GPFunctions.el")   ; Load some custom elisp fuctions.
> (load-file "~/.emacs.d/A-PLoader.el")            ; Load some usefull packages.
> To have a something as sexy as possible, I like align my comments by section.
>
> With whitespace-mode, this lines are highlighted. I don't like this.
> How can I change it ?

You probably want to set 'whitespace-line-column' variable to a bigger
value.  Also there is 'whitespace-style' variable that allows you to
control different aspects of whitespace-mode.

--
Alex

* Re: Whitespace-mode configuration or alternative
@ 2017-02-08 19:09   ` Thierry Leurent
From: Thierry Leurent @ 2017-02-08 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

It work.