all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* handling mailing list within emacs
@ 2012-11-08 14:04 houkensjtu
From: houkensjtu @ 2012-11-08 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I have been using debian and emacs for only about one year. Like many newbies who love emacs, I usually find emacs is not so easy to learn/use, but it doesn't matter just like I love guitar before I could play beautiful music.
Now, one of my will, is to handle mailing list within emacs, browsing, reading, replying and so on. (well, now I am using a web browser and writing this mail through google group. I don't even know how to quote other people's reply...).
I googled for "emacs mailing list", but found very few helpful information...
Is there any hint, or recipes to do this elegantly with emacs??
Thanks in advance!

* Re: handling mailing list within emacs
@ 2012-11-08 14:33 ` Martin
From: Martin @ 2012-11-08 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

houkensjtu writes:

> I have been using debian and emacs for only about one year. Like many
> newbies who love emacs, I usually find emacs is not so easy to
> learn/use, but it doesn't matter just like I love guitar before I
> could play beautiful music.
> Now, one of my will, is to handle mailing list within emacs, browsing,
> reading, replying and so on. (well, now I am using a web browser and
> writing this mail through google group. I don't even know how to quote
> other people's reply...).
> I googled for "emacs mailing list", but found very few helpful information...
> Is there any hint, or recipes to do this elegantly with emacs??
> Thanks in advance!

Look at Gnus:

  C-h i runs the command info
  (Enter Info, the documentation browser.)

  m Gnus RET takes you to the Gnus manual.

Martin