all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Emacs 21.4 on Mac OS X
@ 2005-03-05  6:17 Ulrich Hobelmann
From: Ulrich Hobelmann @ 2005-03-05  6:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, about the status of Emacs on the Mac:
  * there seem to be dozens of unofficial Emacs/Mac pages on the web,
more or less unmaintained, outdated, and Mr Choi, who seems to have
created the carbon port, has quit
  * the unofficial version floating around on the web is 21.3.something
    it works, but it only has one font, which is why I don't use emacs
right now
  * I just noticed that 21.4 was recently released.  The GNU project
page says Mac OS X is a supported platform.  I downloaded it, but
./configure says it is not supported.  etc/MACHINES only mentions
YellowDogLinux/PPC, no Mac in there.

What is the official status of Emacs on the web?  What is the most
current info page that is maintained (is there one?)?  If there is a
current working Emacs, does anyone know how to get normal fonts working
and set that in the .emacs file?  (I also found dozens of outdated
webpages on that topic; most of their hints didn't work for my emacs
21.3.X)...

Thanks for your help, Ulrich