all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* how to print backtrace after using 'find-tag' several times
@ 2008-08-07 14:12 Francis Moreau
From: Francis Moreau @ 2008-08-07 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: gnu-emacs-help

Hello

I usually browse source code using TAGS and find-tag (M-.).

Sometimes I want to see the backtrace after finding a lot of
consecutive tags.

Does anybody know how to do achieve that ?

Thanks
--
Francis

* Re: how to print backtrace after using 'find-tag' several times
       [not found] <mailman.15988.1218118370.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2008-08-16  1:09 ` Scott Frazer
From: Scott Frazer @ 2008-08-16  1:09 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Francis Moreau wrote:
> Hello
>
> I usually browse source code using TAGS and find-tag (M-.).
>
> Sometimes I want to see the backtrace after finding a lot of
> consecutive tags.
>
> Does anybody know how to do achieve that ?
>
> Thanks

This has always bothered me too, so I just wrote something to do it:

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/EtagsStack

Scott

* Re: how to print backtrace after using 'find-tag' several times
@ 2008-08-18  7:51   ` Francis Moreau
From: Francis Moreau @ 2008-08-18  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Scott Frazer; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 3:09 AM, Scott Frazer <frazer.scott@gmail.com> wrote:
> Francis Moreau wrote:
>>
>> Hello
>>
>> I usually browse source code using TAGS and find-tag (M-.).
>>
>> Sometimes I want to see the backtrace after finding a lot of
>> consecutive tags.
>>
>> Does anybody know how to do achieve that ?
>>
>> Thanks
>
> This has always bothered me too, so I just wrote something to do it:
>
> http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/EtagsStack

Thanks, I'll try it.

--
Francis