all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* keyboard-quit and keyboard-escape-quit
@ 2008-09-20  8:32 Matt Brown
From: Matt Brown @ 2008-09-20  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I'm trying to rebind the functionality of C-g to C-q.  According to
describe-key, C-g is bound to keyboard-quit.  When I bind C-q to
keyboard-quit, it does NOT give me the same behavior as C-g.  If I hit
M-x, then C-q, the word "Quit" appears in the minibuffer (just as with
C-g), but the minibuffer does not go away (and it still has focus;
i.e. nothing happened).  So next I tried keyboard-escape-quit.  Works
just as C-g for quitting from the minibuffer, but if I hit it when in
the normal mode, I get a backtrace error: "Cannot return from the
debugger in an error".  Any ideas?  Does anyone else see this
behavior?

thanks
-Matt

* Re: keyboard-quit and keyboard-escape-quit
@ 2008-09-20  8:40 ` Matt Brown
From: Matt Brown @ 2008-09-20  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Well, the backtrace error went away when I restarted emacs, so now
it's working as desired with keyboard-escape-quit.