On 8/20/2024 10:18 PM, Jim Porter wrote: > On 8/20/2024 8:15 PM, Jim Porter wrote: >> Hopefully the attached reproducers help make sense of this. I've also >> updated my patch to handle 'min-width' in what I think is a simpler >> way. This implementation relies on the fact that you can't nest >> 'min-width' specs (the iterator struct can only hold one spec at a >> time). I'm guessing on some of these parts, so I may be totally >> off-base, but the test cases do what I expect anyway... > > Whoops, I'd uploaded the wrong patch. Here's the correct one. ... and here's a new test case (overlay-min-width). This shows that now you can apply 'min-width' as an overlay property, which would be great for 'visual-wrap-prefix-mode'. I could then convert that code to use overlays (at least for 'min-width', maybe for 'wrap-prefix' too), which would make it easier to clean up when deactivating the mode. Of course, if there's a way to write regression tests for this, I'm happy to do so, but I've never looked into how (or if) one can write regression tests for display engine features.