all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#16487: emacs source and a particular commit
@ 2014-01-18 21:09 Jonathan Payne
From: Jonathan Payne @ 2014-01-18 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 16487

I was recently involved in a discussion entitled:

	bug#15946: 24.3; Mac OS X, Mavericks, distnoted process

From this I learned that there are nightlies available from emacsformacosx.com and I was able to download one and discover that the memory leak has been fixed.

Unfortunately I discovered that emacs has changed a lot and in particular I am unable to use nxhtml and mumamo packages to edit JavaScript inside a django template anymore. One error after another. Clearly some LISP apis have changed.

So what I want to do is find the fix for the memory leak and apply it to emacs 24.3.1 so I can have my memory leak fix without losing functionality I cannot live without.

So does anybody have any advice? I have cloned a git repository from here:

	http://savannah.gnu.org/git/?group=emacs

but searching the commits and tags has not yielded 24.3.1 for me. When was 24.3.1 released?

Once I get THAT commit I need to find the other one with the macosx fix that was blowing up both emacs AND distnoted.

Thanks.

JP