all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: How to number directories in dired?
       [not found] <87ei2u6hms.fsf@gmail.com>
@ 2011-06-16 11:14 ` José A. Romero L.
From: José A. Romero L. @ 2011-06-16 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Jun 15, 9:04 pm, Rafael <rvf0...@gmail.com> wrote:
(...)
> I would like to get directories 01 - dos - 3 and 02 - uno - 2. Fromhttp://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/ReplaceCount, it seems that it would be
> enough to prepend XX to the directory names and then use
> query-replace-regexp-eval in Editable Dired. But I just can't find the
> regular expression to do that. I would like to replace, say,
(...)

Hola Rafael,

C-x C-q                             (enter WDired)
C-n | C-p   ...                     (move to first directory to
rename)
C-Space                             (set mark)
C-p C-p C-p ...                     (move to last directory to rename)
C-x r t                             (open rectangle)
XX -  [RET]                         (insert placeholder "XX")
M-S-<                               (move to beginning of buffer)
M-x query-replace-regexp-eval [RET] (in minibuffer)
XX [RET]                            (in minibuffer)
(format "%02d" (1+ \#)) [RET]       (in minibuffer)
!                                   (confirm all)
C-c C-c                             (exit WDired)

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
--
José A. Romero L.
escherdragon at gmail

only message in thread, other threads:[~2011-06-16 11:14 UTC | newest]