all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* AUCTEX Preview-PDF2DSC not working.
@ 2016-11-02 17:23 candfa2660
From: candfa2660 @ 2016-11-02 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I'm running emacs on windows 10.
I've set preview-gs-command correctly.

When i try to preview something in a .tex file i gives me the following:
error in process sentinel: Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, nil

I think i may have an idea of what this could be caused by. These are the last 3 lines of my "_region_ output*" buffer:
Running `Preview-PDF2DSC' with ``pdf2dsc "_region_".pdf "_region_.prv/tmp2284JqK"/preview.dsc''
Preview-PDF2DSC killed at Wed Nov  2 18:14:50
LaTeX: Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, nil

It seems that it is running pdf2dsc command with some arguments with messed up formatting. The problem is that my "Preview Pdf2dsc Command" is set to:
pdf2dsc %s.pdf %m/preview.dsc

This is the exact same as on my mac, yet it works on my mac.

I am not the most advanced emacs user (yet), but I can see that %s or %m are probably placeholders for a part of a path or filename. The problem is that my emacs on windows puts quotation marks around the the "placeholders". Emacs does not do this on my mac.

Running `Preview-PDF2DSC' with ``pdf2dsc "_region_".pdf "_region_.prv/tmp2284JqK"/preview.dsc''

How do i fix this?

only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-11-02 17:23 UTC | newest]