all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Santanu <thisissantanu@gmail.com>
To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: A Question about auctex usage in GNU Emacs
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 00:31:06 -0800 (PST)	[thread overview]

Hello Everybody,

Recently I have started using the amazing Auctex mode
for creating latex files. Now, the more one gets, the more one
asks :-)

Let's say I am using a certain package or a document class
(in my case the exam document class) that has its own
environments about which apparently Auctex does not know.
In that case, it has no template for these environments.

In this situation, I was looking for a way to do the following:
I manually write the "\begin{xyz}" environment, and would like
Auctex to automatically insert the "\end{xyz}" at the press of
some key-binding. Is this facility available via Auctex? I tried to
find it in the Auctex manual, but could not find anything yet.
(I also tried M-Tab for auto completion after typing "\end{x",
but that did not help either.)

Could you point me to the right direction?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Santanu Chatterjee