On 2016-11-06 19:15, Dmitry Gutov wrote: > Does it? It seems to go through comint-completion-at-point here, > which tries comint-c-a-p-replace-by-expanded-history and > comint-filename-completion, neither of which reference pcomplete. Putting a breakpoint in that function and running completion doesn't trigger it for me :) I see this: comint-dynamic-complete-functions is a variable defined in ‘comint.el’. Its value is (comint-c-a-p-replace-by-expanded-history shell-environment-variable-completion shell-command-completion shell-c-a-p-replace-by-expanded-directory pcomplete-completions-at-point shell-filename-completion comint-filename-completion) pcomplete-completions-at-point comes first, and is missing the "" completion. There may be a similar problem with comint-filename-completion, of course. Clément.