all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Question Regarding Cursor Blink Color For Themes In Emacs
@ 2022-06-15 16:02 Samuel Banya
From: Samuel Banya @ 2022-06-15 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emanuel Berg

Hello there,

I've been trying to develop my own theme in Emacs which has been good so far:

However, I do have one weird thing I've noticed, the cursor while in 'blink-mode' produces a background which is fine, but defaults to black text for its foreground color, which makes it very hard to use in modes like Org Mode, etc.

Where is this controlled? Is this per theme, or is this on a config level to be able to control this?

I attached a related screenshot of this behavior.

Here's the related theme I created:
 * https://github.com/SamuelBanya/morrowind-emacs-theme

My related Emacs config:
 * https://github.com/SamuelBanya/SamsEmacs/blob/main/configuration.org

Thanks,

Sam

[-- Attachment #2: Screen Shot 2022-06-15 at 11.56.34 AM.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 22936 bytes --]

* Re: Question Regarding Cursor Blink Color For Themes In Emacs
@ 2022-06-15 16:53 ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2022-06-15 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Samuel Banya wrote:

> I've been trying to develop my own theme in Emacs which has
> been good so far

Hm, okay, how does that work? See my face file below, is that
a theme? How does your work?

> However, I do have one weird thing I've noticed, the cursor
> while in 'blink-mode' produces a background which is fine,
> but defaults to black text for its foreground color, which
> makes it very hard to use in modes like Org Mode, etc.

Don't know, have that disabled below/before Emacs
(blink-cursor-mode is actually t! sacrilege). No,

  # cursor blink
  cursor_blink=/sys/class/graphics/fbcon/cursor_blink
  sudo chmod a+w $cursor_blink
  echo 0 > $cursor_blink

but there _is_ a `cursor' face ...

Do you use Emacs with -nw in xterm in X?

xterm*cursorBlink: false
xterm*cursorcolor: #000000

In the words of the barrel racer: just try, and you will fly!

(defun set-all-faces (fg &optional bg weight)
  (let ((backg (or bg     "black"))
        (wght  (or weight 'normal))
        (faces) )
    (mapatoms (lambda (s)