On 8/23/2024 10:10 AM, Kévin Le Gouguec wrote: > Thanks for opening an issue Rob! > > Eli Zaretskii writes: > >> This is being discussed here: >> >> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2024-08/msg00788.html > > (Will be traveling during the coming week, with limited time & > connectivity, so anyone should feel free to beat me to installing the > visual-wrap patch - AFAIU from the reported backtraces though, it won't > fix the issues that other folks are having) Here's a patch. I've tested this in a few configurations (in the current window, in a buffer that's not being displayed, in a terminal Emacs) and it all seems to work. One question, Eli: is there a better way than I'm using to get the font that would be used for a character in the buffer? When the buffer is being displayed in a window, '(font-at position window)' works, but that doesn't address this bug, where the buffer isn't displayed. (The font that we get back doesn't have to be 100% accurate; just a good guess should be fine for this case.)