all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* kill-ring-save trouble
@ 2002-12-23 20:40 Lars Gustafsson
From: Lars Gustafsson @ 2002-12-23 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there a way to stop Emacs from saving everything, which is being
highlighted into the kill-ring. In many windows applications you can
copy some text and then replace other text by first highlighting it
and then paste over it. This works one time in Emacs but the second
time you're trying to paste in the text, which you first copied, the
text pasted in is the text which was highlighted the second time. I
wanted the text highlighted the first time to be pasted in.
In summary:
First highlight, copy
Second highlight, paste
Third highlight, paste ERROR!

Is there something I can put in my .emacs file to avoid this problem?

Thankful for answers, Lars

* kill-ring-save trouble
@ 2002-12-23 19:36 Lars Gustafsson
From: Lars Gustafsson @ 2002-12-23 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)