all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* [vimpulse] Custom keybinding
@ 2012-05-29  6:54 saheel1511
From: saheel1511 @ 2012-05-29  6:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help-gnu-emacs

Hello everyone,

Although I have been using  http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Vimpulse Vimpulse
for quite some time now, I didn't really customize it to my liking. Today I
wanted to change the behavior of C-d in all vi modes. Currently, in
normal-mode and visual-mode C-d scrolls down, and in insert-mode C-d does
nothing. I want C-d to execute 'delete-char' in all modes. So I tried this:

(global-set-key (kbd "C-d") 'delete-char)
and
(vimpulse-global-set-key 'vi-state' (kbd "C-d") 'delete-char))

Both didn't work. C-d still has the same behavior -- it does not delete a
character.
Any help/suggestions/pointers on how to set custom keybindings for vimpulse?

Thank you,
Saheel.