On 01.01.2023 18:24, Jostein Kjønigsen wrote: > Disregard previous patch. > > Consider instead please the patch attached to this email. > > It does 3 things all in one: > > * moves function-call fontification to level 4 only (in its own feature) > > * cleans up long-standing issues with "messy" rules for > function-invocations. Removes the needs for "overrides". > > * also fixes issue with fonctification of self/this-method invocations. > > Theo: Can you try this patch and see what you think? > > -- > > Jostein Disregard again (and sorry for the noise!) I've now gone through several files, done quite a bit of testing myself, and found another few issues needing to be solved: * Inconsistent variable-name fontification (sometimes when used, sometimes when declared, sometimes not when used, sometimes not when declared) * Variable declaration with explicit generic types * new() expression fontification for generic types. * Bleeding type-face into brackets for generic return-types in method definitions * Types when casting through as-expressions are not fontified at all. * And more? I've solved those and combined all this into this latest patch, which also moves function-invocation into its own (level 4) feature. This patch should be well beyond the "85%" which Eli has requested for Emacs-29 :) *Theo:* Could you give this a test-spin, and I promise to call it a day? :) -- Jostein