On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 7:34 PM, Marc Tfardy wrote: > queries0 schrieb: > > On Jun 25, 2:27 pm, Marc Tfardy wrote: > >> I plan to switch from windows to intel mac and Aquamacs and I don't want > >> use windows under mac - neither in virtual machine nor as dual boot. > > > > I have been using emacs on OS X (10.4 ppc) for a few years, and emacs > > is one of my main applications also. Aquamacs is an excellent > > application, and I believe the answer is "yes, you can do things as > > you would like" to all your questions. > > > > I switched from using Aquamacs to using carbon emacs about six months > > ago. Carbon emacs does feel more like using emacs on other unix > > computers, and customization or adding emacs packages is done in a > > more "conventional" way. This is just my opinion. > > Thanks for Carbon Emacs hint, but the question is how long Carbon Emacs > will be available? Apple say no carbon support in Snow Leopard :( > > > Also, if you open a terminal or Xterm, OS X has GNU Emacs "built in", > > i.e. you don't need Aquamacs or Carbon Emacs, emacs is part of OS X > > Yes, this is still a alternative. > > regards > Marc > > AFAIK carbon stuff is removed from emacs if you build it now it uses cocoa. -- Nurullah Akkaya http://nakkaya.com