all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Need help in building etags for emacs on MacOS
@ 2009-04-08  7:30 Lucius Fox
From: Lucius Fox @ 2009-04-08  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

i am trying to following the steps here
http://frodo.syminet.com/~deep/emacside.html to build etags for emacs.

Assuming CODEDIR to be the top-level source directory, first update
your ~/.bashrc like so:
alias mktags='cd $CODEDIR && etags `find $CODEDIR -name "*.[h|c]"` && cd -'
Then run:

source ~/.bashrc
mktags

but when i try that on MacOS, I get this error:

$  mktags
-bash: /usr/bin/etags: Argument list too long

Can you please tell me how to get it to work?

* Re: Need help in building etags for emacs on MacOS
@ 2009-04-08 11:36 ` Nurullah Akkaya
From: Nurullah Akkaya @ 2009-04-08 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lucius Fox; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs