On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 5:17 PM, wrote: > Hello, > > I am unable to figure out how to select and copy text as you would do > in another editors: > > For example, one thing I normally need to do is select from the > current position upto the next few words. Normally, I just press shift > + ctrl and the left or right arrow key and the editor would highlight > one word at a time. I have so far been unable to figure out how to > highlight text in emacs using the keyboard. > > Anyone knows how I can do it esp. highlighting one word, line etc. at > a time. > > Many thanks, > > Luca > Enable delete-selection in your .emacs by adding (delete-selection-mode) after that when you press Ctrl+space you start selecting regions. Normal movement keys apply. Ctrl+space Ctrl+e will select from cursor to the end of line. Nurullah Akkaya