all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Focus mode (as in iA Writer)
@ 2011-12-02 15:41 grotos
From: grotos @ 2011-12-02 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help-gnu-emacs

Is there any implementation of focus mode  in emacs
(http://www.iawriter.com/mac/screenshots) i.e. focus is kept only on the
current sentence, the rest of text is faded away.

* Re: Focus mode (as in iA Writer)
@ 2011-12-04 12:55 ` filebat Mark
From: filebat Mark @ 2011-12-04 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: grotos; +Cc: Help-gnu-emacs

I am also interested in such feature.

It looks like there is some elisp available for this kind of functionality.
Sorry that, I don't remember where it is.

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 11:41 PM, grotos <grotos@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there any implementation of focus mode  in emacs
> (http://www.iawriter.com/mac/screenshots) i.e. focus is kept only on the
> current sentence, the rest of text is faded away.
> --

Thanks & Regards

Denny Zhang

* Re: Focus mode (as in iA Writer)
@ 2011-12-04 13:48 ` Gregor Zattler
From: Gregor Zattler @ 2011-12-04 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi grotos, Emacs users,
* grotos <grotos@gmail.com> [02. Dec. 2011]:
> Is there any implementation of focus mode  in emacs
> (http://www.iawriter.com/mac/screenshots) i.e. focus is kept only on the
> current sentence, the rest of text is faded away.

Have a look at http://www.emacswiki.org/Emacs/SentenceHighlight
at the end of the page is a link to a small Emacs extension.

Ciao, Gregor
--