all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* news.google.fr using GNUS
@ 2007-02-27 22:06 A Soare
From: A Soare @ 2007-02-27 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs   Help  [help-gnu-emacs]

Can somebody help me to configure the GNUS so that I can read the NEWS from this site:

 news.google.fr ?

Thank you.

* Re: news.google.fr using GNUS
@ 2007-02-27 22:38 ` David Hansen
From: David Hansen @ 2007-02-27 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 23:06:46 +0100 (CET) A. Soare wrote:

> Can somebody help me to configure the GNUS so that I can read the
> NEWS from this site:
>
>  news.google.fr ?

AFAIK you can't use google as a nntp server though G-w should work
out of the box (uses news.google.com but that's the same archive.
The localized versions just have a different measures for
censorship).

Check if your ISP has a nntp server (mine doesn't mention it
anywhere but it exists and works pretty well as you can see).

David

* Re: news.google.fr using GNUS
@ 2007-02-27 23:30 A Soare
From: A Soare @ 2007-02-27 23:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs   Help  [help-gnu-emacs]

I tried to find a configuration of GNUS for news.google.com, and I do not find one...

* Re: news.google.fr using GNUS
@ 2007-02-27 23:45   ` Matthew Flaschen
From: Matthew Flaschen @ 2007-02-27 23:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs

David Hansen wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 23:06:46 +0100 (CET) A. Soare wrote:
>
>> Can somebody help me to configure the GNUS so that I can read the
>> NEWS from this site:
>>
>>  news.google.fr ?
>
> AFAIK you can't use google as a nntp server though G-w should work
> out of the box (uses news.google.com but that's the same archive.
> The localized versions just have a different measures for
> censorship).

In news.google.com, you have a U.S. section, in news.google.fr you have
a France section.  It's hardly the same thing.

Matthew Flaschen

* Re: news.google.fr using GNUS
@ 2007-02-28  0:26     ` David Hansen
From: David Hansen @ 2007-02-28  0:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 18:45:20 -0500 Matthew Flaschen wrote:

> David Hansen wrote:
>> On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 23:06:46 +0100 (CET) A. Soare wrote:
>>
>>> Can somebody help me to configure the GNUS so that I can read the
>>> NEWS from this site:
>>>
>>>  news.google.fr ?
>>
>> AFAIK you can't use google as a nntp server though G-w should work
>> out of the box (uses news.google.com but that's the same archive.
>> The localized versions just have a different measures for
>> censorship).
>
> In news.google.com, you have a U.S. section, in news.google.fr you have
> a France section.  It's hardly the same thing.

Ermm, at least the german version allows me to search all english
spoken newsgroups and i can search the de.* hierarchy on
groups.google.com as well (with the same results).  groups.google.de
is just a bit prude when it comes to possible sexual content.

But I'm not sure what you mean with "section".

David

* Re: news.google.fr using GNUS
@ 2007-02-28  1:30 A Soare
From: A Soare @ 2007-02-28  1:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs   Help  [help-gnu-emacs]

I found the necessaries RSS files, and the problem was solved with.

* Re: news.google.fr using GNUS
@ 2007-02-28  1:32 A Soare
From: A Soare @ 2007-02-28  1:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs   Help  [help-gnu-emacs]

I found the necessarY RSS files, and the problem was solved with.