all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* shell command ls -al fails with os error 253
@ 2011-07-14 16:38 AngusC
From: AngusC @ 2011-07-14 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help-gnu-emacs

If I use just ls on its own then no error and I see output as expected but
using ls -al I get ls.exe has stopped working dialog and emacs reports Shell
command failed with code 253 and no output).

I am running GNU Emacs 23.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7600) on Windows 7.

Anyone any ideas?

I am quite new to emacs so there may be some tip which would prevent this
issue?

Angus

* Re: shell command ls -al fails with os error 253
@ 2011-07-17  8:59 ` Andreas Röhler
From: Andreas Röhler @ 2011-07-17  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Am 14.07.2011 18:38, schrieb AngusC:

> If I use just ls on its own then no error and I see output as expected but
> using ls -al I get ls.exe has stopped working dialog and emacs reports Shell
> command failed with code 253 and no output).
>
> I am running GNU Emacs 23.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7600) on Windows 7.
>
> Anyone any ideas?
>
> I am quite new to emacs so there may be some tip which would prevent this
> issue?
>
> Angus

Hi,

looks like some windows specific. Are you sure your windows shell
provides this command?

I'm on GNU Linux, so can't tell more.

Andreas