all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Use tabs instead of spaces
@ 2011-05-20 10:43 RuiNelson
From: RuiNelson @ 2011-05-20 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help-gnu-emacs

Hi, I'm a programmer and I am new to emacs, I'm a Mac OS X user and I'm using
Aquamacs, but I think the subject is transverse of "editions" of emacs.

The foremost reason I've been using emacs for now, is for the ^C ^L and ^C
^A (electric+auto new line) mode in C programming, I love it! Just what I
wanted.

But I prefer using TABS and not just two spaces. Where do I set emacs for
using tabs instead of spaces?

Thanks.

* Re: Use tabs instead of spaces
@ 2011-05-21  6:26 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2011-05-21  6:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help-gnu-emacs

> Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 03:43:09 -0700 (PDT)
> From: RuiNelson <87nelson@gmail.com>
>
> But I prefer using TABS and not just two spaces. Where do I set emacs for
> using tabs instead of spaces?

Emacs does that by default.  If you see only spaces, you have some
customization somewhere which prevents it.  Make sure indent-tabs-mode
is non-nil.