all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* html bookmarks
@ 2018-08-21 16:14 M.R.P.
From: M.R.P. @ 2018-08-21 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I would like to use emacs to manage my web pages and organize them. What
is the best way to do this?

* Re: html bookmarks
@ 2018-08-22  5:12 ` Rusi
       [not found] ` <mailman.62.1535475181.1284.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Rusi @ 2018-08-22  5:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Tuesday, August 21, 2018 at 9:44:28 PM UTC+5:30, M.R.P. wrote:
> I would like to use emacs to manage my web pages and organize them. What
> is the best way to do this?

Is this in the direction of what you're looking for?

https://karl-voit.at/2014/08/10/bookmarks-with-orgmode/

* RE: html bookmarks
@ 2018-08-28 16:52 ` Drew Adams
       [not found] ` <mailman.62.1535475181.1284.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Drew Adams @ 2018-08-28 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: M.R.P., help-gnu-emacs

> I would like to use emacs to manage my web pages and organize them. What
> is the best way to do this?

The Emacs web browser, EWW, supports bookmarking web pages. It uses its own kind of "bookmarks", which are different from ordinary Emacs bookmarks (why, I don't know).

If you use library Bookmark+ then you have better (IMO) bookmarking for EWW, with normal Emacs bookmarks. You can do lots of things with such bookmarks, including tagging them with arbitrary tags and adding annotations.

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/BookmarkPlus

* Re: html bookmarks
       [not found] ` <mailman.62.1535475181.1284.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2018-08-28 19:14   ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2018-08-28 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Drew Adams wrote:

> The Emacs web browser, EWW, supports
> bookmarking web pages. It uses its own kind
> of "bookmarks", which are different from
> ordinary Emacs bookmarks (why, I don't know).

Emacs-w3m is another web browser that "supports
bookmarking web pages" :)

It does this with an HTML file,
~/.w3m/bookmark.html, with headers and lists
and links, which are the actual bookmarks.
Then the browser browses this file like any
other web page or local HTML file!

There is good built-in support for managing the
file (e.g., add a new bookmark or section) but
I still found room to add a couple of helpers:

    http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/emacs-init/w3m/bookmarks.el

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573