all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* ediff directories recursively
@ 2012-06-29  9:49 daniele.g
From: daniele.g @ 2012-06-29  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Can someone explain me if is it possible to make a recursive search
between two directories and put the result in one buffer that reports
which files differ and which don't?

Thanks in advance
--
"A scuola ci hanno fatto studiare la Divina Commedia, di Santi Licheri."
		-- Sabry (Luciana Littizzetto)

* Re: ediff directories recursively
       [not found] <mailman.3701.1340969105.855.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2012-06-29 14:08 ` José A. Romero L.
From: José A. Romero L. @ 2012-06-29 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

W dniu piątek, 29 czerwca 2012 11:49:45 UTC+2 użytkownik giglio robbo&#39; d&#39;acciaio napisał:
> Can someone explain me if is it possible to make a recursive search
> between two directories and put the result in one buffer that reports
> which files differ and which don't?

This is what I use: http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Sunrise_Commander_Tips#toc15

(...)
> "A scuola ci hanno fatto studiare la Divina Commedia, di Santi Licheri."
(...)

Bella rissata :-D

Cheers,
--
José A. Romero L.
escherdragon at gmail

@ 2012-07-02  4:40 ` Martin
From: Martin @ 2012-07-02  4:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

(daniele.g) writes:

> Can someone explain me if is it possible to make a recursive search
> between two directories and put the result in one buffer that reports
> which files differ and which don't?
>
> Thanks in advance

M-x ediff-directories RET ?

Martin
--
parozusa at web dot de

* Re: ediff directories recursively
@ 2012-07-02  9:23   ` daniele.g
From: daniele.g @ 2012-07-02  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Martin <nospam@nospam.net> writes:

> (Daniele.g) writes:
>
>> Can someone explain me if is it possible to make a recursive search
>> between two directories and put the result in one buffer that reports
>> which files differ and which don't?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>
> M-x ediff-directories RET ?

It doesn't compare directories recursively, but just their top level.
--
             - Chi ha inventato il fucile?
             - Un appuntato a cui il maresciallo ha detto: