Beyond trying to remember, using current terminology is sends the message that Emacs is old, stubborn, and crufty, which is a problem when trying to introduce new users to Emacs. On Jan 7, 2014, at 5:30 AM, Lennart Borgman wrote: > On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 8:30 AM, Drew Adams wrote: > > What confusion? Is there really a problem? Are you sure? > > I've been dealing with newbie Emacs questions and confusion > for as long as most of you, and I don't think I have ever > encountered a user who had difficulting understanding what > we mean, once the terms are presented. > > The difficulty is not understanding, but rather remembering. "What a h-ll did they call that?" >